@ flea street, menlo park
Take a twist of citrus, a splash of gin, & a touch of mint to make our official drink of summer.
- 1 quarter of a large watermelon, about 5 cups cut in small pieces
- Juice from 6 oranges, about 2 cups juice
- 1 bottle of chilled champagne, cava, prosecco or other sparkling wine
- Sugar to taste, based on sweetness of the fruit
- Mint to garnish
- Blend the watermelon chunks with the orange juice and sugar to taste until you have a smooth pure, strain if needed.
- Chill the watermelon orange mix in the refrigerator until ready to prepare the drinks.
- Pour the watermelon orange mix into champagne flutes, about half full.
- Add the champagne or other sparkling wine, pouring it gently to avoid from making a bubbly mess.
- Stir lightly and garnish with a fresh sprig of mint.